Monday, April 18, 2011

Some ramblings

Yesterday we went to Dayton so Jon could work on a roof. 
Our "trusty" gps got us almost lost three times. 
(See other blog for whole story.)

I love where I live and this trip re-enforced that for several reasons.
1. I live in a beautiful part of the country. The trip down was gorgeous and I almost cried the whole way down because we were pressed for time and I couldn't stop and take pictures. There were a million little things that inspired me on the way down.
2. The poverty level of some of the homes is astounding. It's amazing that people can live and function that way. It made me so very thankful for my little home and for my husband who makes enough that I have everything I need and tons of what I want. God has truly blessed us. I'm not saying that God hasn't blessed these people. I'm sure he has, but it just reminded me to be thankful for what I have.
3. The opportunity to be close to family has been another blessing. When you live 10 hours from the closest family member it makes it very hard to offer help or participate in family gatherings.

Here are a few of the pictures I was able to take of our trip.
I'm not a chicken person, but I was able to capture him (?) mid step.
Down a country road.
Once when we stopped to see if our gps could find an alternative route I took a few shots.
This cow was roaming free in the front yard of a house. He wasn't the only one. 
Jon slowed the car down several times for roaming cows.


No comments:

Post a Comment