Wednesday, January 18, 2012

It's not my month

I’m sure you’ve heard the song with the line “it hasn't been your day, your week, your month,
or even your year” Well today has NOT been my day. This month has been pretty bad actually and I’m really, really hopeful that it isn’t an indication of what my year is going to be like. Because if it is, I’m going to crawl into bed and emerge in 2013.
For the most part, it started going down hill on Thursday. It was one of THOSE days. It started out with the typical forgetting stuff, tripping, and usual aggravations. But then while at Coffee Girls my mom called with some news. For the past two months she’s been having tests and x-rays to figure out whether or not she has cancer. And on Thursday she called to tell me that she’d had some of the results back and the doctors were sure it was cancer. I was crying by this point and when she asked me if I knew what stage 5 was I said yes. Turns out that she meant to say level 5 x-ray, not stage 5 cancer. They actually don’t know what stage she’s at yet. But this meant that I spent an entire day thinking my mom didn’t have very long to live. Not a good thing. Today they are in the process of working through the insurance mess so they can set a surgery date. She’s positive and hopeful. I, on the other hand, am a mess.
Friday was the 13th. Usually those days are really good. But my email account, which is linked to my blogs, facebook, pinterest, twitter and google+, was hacked and all of my contacts were sent spam email. It took a youtube video and about 30 minutes to fix it, but it certainly wasn’t fun.
Since then I have a dog at the vet who swallowed something she shouldn’t. She’s scheduled for surgery tomorrow. The cost isn’t going to be pretty.
My internet, cable and phone are a hit and miss because one of the dogs (or both) chewed the wires going into the house and it all needs to be replaced.
And the list goes on and on. My mind is fried, my cell phone won’t stop ringing and my kids are picking up my stressed vibes and have staged an all out war against each other. I never cry. If I’m crying it’s because I’m really, really mad. And all I’ve done since Thursday is cry. I’m lethargic, sad and whiny. So if I do something crazy, don’t hear you when you’re talking or forget something important – please just say a prayer for me and try again.

2 comments:

  1. Hang in there friend, it will get better. I am so glad it was a misunderstanding about the stage - I've been praying that was the case. Remember we've got your back and we are praying ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sharon. It helps alot to know that everyone is praying.

      Delete