Thursday, March 1, 2012

Pinterest

Proceed with caution! There are addicting things in this blog post.

I am a Pinterest addict. Just ask anyone. I'll admit that it's a black hole that sucks in my time and makes large quantities disappear. But some good has come out of it.
I've found great photograph ideas, used it to pin bible study ideas and race info and many other things.
The other night I had company coming over and had completely forgotten about dessert. So I ran to my food board and found this recipe for cookie dough dip.
At book club I had tried one that was gluten free using cream cheese. Recipe here. It was a lot like eating raw cheese cake. Definitely a good thing, but not cookie dough. So I tried these two recipes and fell in love. I used the graham crackers to scoop it out of the bowl. In the picture you will notice I've already tasted it. =)
But after the company left I grabbed a spoon and by the next day it was gone. Great dessert - check. Gained an extra 5 pounds - check. Pinterest is a success!

Here are the recipes, in case you don't want to get sucked into Pinterest.
Stolen from this website.

Chocolate Cookie Dough Dip

1/2 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt (I didn't add the salt. It tasted fine without it.)
1 tablespoon vanilla extract (This seems like a lot, but I added the whole amount and it was really good.)
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
water (I didn't end up adding any water, but it was super thick dough)

Directions:
In a medium bowl, cream together the butter and sugar. Stir in the flour, salt, vanilla and chocolate chips. Add water one tablespoon at a time (stirring between each) until the dough reaches cookie dough consistency. 

Sugar Cookie Dough Dip

1 1/3 cups and 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
1/2 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup white sugar
1-2 tablespoons water
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

Directions:
In a medium bowl, cream together butter and sugar for 2-3 minutes until light, fluffy, and pale yellow. Mix in flour and vanilla. Add water one tablespoon at a time, mixing after each, until you reach cookie dough consistency.
I did one cup of flour and 1 tablespoon of water. Super thick, but tasted wonderful.

Do not blame me if you find yourself with eyes glued to Pinterest eating large quantities of cookie dough. I DID warn you at the beginning of this post. =)

1 comment: