Friday, April 20, 2012

The thrill of the race!

I had the best run today that I've had in a long time.
I always get this burst of adrenaline when I start out running. Unfortunately it doesn't last the entire run, but today I ended with a tons of it. I'm not sure that's ever happened before.
The entire run was beautiful.

There are several of my friends and family who won't run a race unless it's timed with awards. I run for a very different reason. I am addicted to that rush of adrenaline at the beginning. I run because it's convenient and I run because I like to eat. It's also hopefully setting a good example to my kids.

So I found the perfect race for me.

The Color Run (website here)

It's a 5k run that benefits charity. The race isn't timed and there aren't any awards. In fact, quite a few people will be walking. Everyone starts the race in a white t-shirt. At each kilometer volunteers throw a different colored powder at the runners. At the end of the race the participants are given more powder to throw at each other. And there is some sort of party at the end.
I can't wait.

There is at least one slot left on my team if anyone is interested.

1 comment:

  1. I think that my husband runs because he likes to eat. that is really the only reason now...I do not like it at all! I think that the charity is a great thing to run for though.

    ReplyDelete