Saturday, June 8, 2013

Give me a moment!

It isn't often, but occasionally I'll come across a book so profound, so inspiring, so touching that I can't pick up another book until I've processed this one.
It isn't really something I can explain. But when something touches your soul, it's difficult to put another in its place. 

Today I finished just such a book. 
These are the books that get five stars for me. I had someone ask me recently on Amazon what I found wrong with the book since I'd only given the book 4 stars.
Nothing!
It just didn't reach inside of me and touch my soul. It didn't speak to me and make me wish the book would last forever. It didn't inspire me to be a better person, to run farther, push harder, be more.
To get a 5 star rating I need to be on the edge of my seat, gripping the pages in anticipation of what is coming next. I need to be inspired. I need to be deeply sorrowful when I reach the last page and realize that my journey has ended. I want shivers of anticipation or comradery. I want to feel!
That 4 star book - It was just a good book. 

Someday I'm going to come up with a list of the books that spoke to me.
But for now I'm going to revel in this last book, linger in its essence, and process my thoughts.

Go enjoy a good book!

No comments:

Post a Comment