Monday, June 3, 2013

NC flowers and things

As usual, I took millions (almost literally) of flower and scenery pictures here at camp meeting.
I'm not sure how to explain it, but I crave these mountains. It's a feast for my eyes that I find myself needing every year. And every year, I can't believe how fast the week went by.

This week is a spiritual, mental, and physical retreat that I NEED to function the rest of the year. 
And this week was the best week of camp meeting we've had yet.

It was quiet, calming, peaceful, and relaxing.
 Our house is directly across from this cross. So every morning we look out and see it reflecting on the lake. Then in the evening when the lights come on we can see it shimmering in the lake again.
So beautiful!
 This man rocks my world! 
So thankful he was able to be here the whole time this year.
Now that we have friends across the street and several people willing to house sit, it makes it easier to leave for a whole week and just let go.

 Lake Junaluska has been here for 100 years. My first camp meeting was here at Lake Junaluska when I was 10 weeks old . Maybe someday my kids will be able to say they've been coming here forever too.
This post is becoming ridiculously long, but I can't help myself.
This was the view from our deck one "smokey" morning. Wake up in the Smokey Mountains and you'll see where they got their name.
 The view from Inspiration Point.
 One of my favorite places on campus - the stone chapel.
Can't wait for next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment