Monday, June 13, 2016

Helper

Yesterday I was talking with a mother who was upset about some recent events. She made the comment that she was all alone and was completely overwhelmed. She was venting, so I wasn't really able to say anything. But later I thought of so many things that I could have said. Naturally!

Several things just today struck me as things that would have been helpful to her. 

We are studying Matthew in our Sabbath school class. And one of the things that really stuck with me was how much God cares about our little daily trials. He's the kind and considerate teacher; the loving and guiding Father. 

Then when I got home I received a gorgeous book in the mail. 

It had a gift receipt, but no indication of who sent it to me. So as of right now, that is still a mystery. But I opened the book to today's page and read this -

"I am a Mighty God. Nothing is too difficult for Me. I have chosen to use weak ones like you to accomplish My purposes. Your weakness is designed to open you up to My Power. Therefore, do not fear your limitations or measure the day's demands against your strength. What I require of you is to stay connected to Me, living in trusting dependence on My limitless resources. When you face unexpected demands, there is no need to panic. Remember that I am with you. Talk with Me, and listen while I talk you through each challenging situation.
I am not a careless God. When I allow difficulties to come into your life, I equip you fully to handle them. Relax in My Presence, trusting in My Strength."
Jesus Calling by Sarah Young pg 141

There are so many texts that come to mind after reading this. This mom is not alone. She might feel family-less, friendless, and helpless. Her job and many duties might be overwhelming her. But she is not alone. No matter what her circumstances, she has a heavenly Father who adores her and a Savior who has promised to always be there for.

No comments:

Post a Comment