Monday, May 24, 2010

Kiss of Friendship

The heartfelt counsel of a friend
is as sweet perfume and incense.
Proverbs 27:9

I have the best friends in the world. But one is coming to mind the most today. Today I saw my friend for the first time in two years and yet our friendship is still the best. She’s a great friend and has many wonderful qualities, but the one thing that I’ve always admired about her is her honesty. She will let me know if I’m being a wimp or making too big of a deal about something. And yet it has never bothered me. I’m not the world’s greatest at taking advice. Most people either appear know-it-alls or bossy and overly critical when giving advice. But my friend can give me advice and I’m left with the feeling that I’ve been gifted with her great wisdom. I have wished that she could share this gift and yet I’m sure that she’s completely unaware.

An honest answer
is like a kiss of friendship.
Proverbs 24:26

No comments:

Post a Comment