Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Official Offer and a Freezer Party

It shouldn't surprise me, but it does. God REALLY wants us to move to Cookeville. Sometimes in life I will pray about a decision and not really feel sure that I'm making the right one. I just hope that it is because I really don't "feel" anything wrong. But God has worked so many things out for us. Our house had been on the market exactly 7 days when we went under contract for the exact price we had been hoping to get for this house. The place we are moving to fits everything on the list that we had of things we wanted in a new place if we moved. The town and the people we've met so far are wonderful. (With the exception of the fired realtor who is STILL sending me emails.)
Even the fact that we will be flying to Canada one week after we move to TN has worked out okay with very little complications.

We had a freezer party on Sunday and the guests left with "party favors". I had one chest freezer, on upright freezer and a refrigerator freezer that were all mostly full. So I made a list of everything in all of the freezers and put it on a dry erase board. I then made a menu using those items. We invited all of the people that we especially wanted to see one more time before we left. Then as they said good-bye we handed them a bag (or several) and had them take things out of our freezer. I am now down to a few items that I need to use this week and I've turned off the two main freezers.

It's so exciting to be moving and yet sad. The night we accepted the offer on the house I cried. I will miss my little carriage house and my friends. But I can't be sad for very long when I think of all of the amazing things that God has in store for us in our new home.

No comments:

Post a Comment