Saturday, September 25, 2010

Blessings

We've been in our new home for a few weeks now and I can't stop thanking God for sending us to Cookeville. There are so many things that I'm thankful for. I loved my little carriage house in New Bern. I cried quite a bit the night we went under contract and it was final that we were moving. But I know that God wanted us here. He moved so many obstacles and provided so many little miracles along the way.
One of the most amazing things is my home here. I didn't realize some of the things that I had been missing in my little house in NC. And now that I'm here and enjoying them I'm so thankful. I'll list just a few.

Dominic can walk to the mailbox by himself w/out my being worried about traffic.
My laundry is not in the garage and is on the same level as the rest of the house.
I have a formal dining room, which I've always wanted.
I have a library, which I've wanted forever - well at least since I was 8 yrs old.
My oven is not at child level anymore.
I have two bathrooms again.
My approx 1 acre backyard is entirely fenced. So great for the kids and dogs.
We have some really cool neighbors. We had the best in NB, but I was worried about here.
The kids have their own rooms.
We have tons of shade and a really nice patio for sitting outside.
My kitchen is HUGE! At least to me.
Strangely enough, I'm finding this home easier to keep clean. Haven't figured that one out yet.
Jon is home by 4:15pm every day.
Cookeville is the same size as New Bern, is 5 minutes away and has nicer shops and restaurants.
We live in the country.
The crime rate here is less than half what it is in New Bern.
The church is 2x the size and has 40+ kids. 
There is a very active and supported church school.
We are 20 minutes from a great Adventist high school. We visited last weekend and were impressed.
We are 10 hours closer to our family.
We have two of the cutest puppies.
And the list goes on. God provided something even better than what we had and I'm SO very thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment