Thursday, March 17, 2011

God loves me

Every morning when I read my devotions I'm taught or reminded something.
But yesterday I was reminded and re-amazed at how much my God loves me.
There are always the basic things.
He provides for me.
He gives me beauty around me.
He gave me my wonderful family.

But the two chapters that I read were both showing me again of His great and amazing love.
I usually read a chapter in both the Old and New Testaments each morning.
It's not rigid. It depends on what I'm reading or how much I can absorb.
The first chapter I read was the 23rd Psalm. Most people are familiar with it. 
And since I'm not a sheep person it has failed to move me a lot in the past.
But I am a parent and I read it in that context this time. Wow! That puts a whole new spin on things.
Like I said - this isn't something new. But it's always nice to hear I love you! even if you are sure of a person's love. That's how relationships stay alive.
So it was nice to know that my heavenly Father loved me.

The next chapter that I read was the last half of Romans 8.

Here are the two verses that provided that I love you.

Verse 31 -
What shall we say about such wonderful things as these? If God is for us, who can ever be against us? Since He did not spare even His own Son but gave Him up for us all, won't He also give us everything else?

Verse 38, 39 -
And I am convinced that nothing can ever separate us from God's love. Neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither our fears for today nor our worries for tomorrow-not even the powers of hell can separate us from God's love. No power in the sky above or in the earth below-indeed, nothing in the creation will ever be able to separate us from the love of God that is revealed in Christ Jesus our Lord.

He loves me and NOTHING is going to change that!

No comments:

Post a Comment