Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Desires of my heart

 "Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not; but remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for." Epicurus

I saw this on a facebook status and it made me think of several things that I'm thankful for.
In a direct or indirect way, all of these are things that I used to wish for and dream about.
So this quote made me stop and remember how thankful I am for them.

My wonderful family.
As a little girl and then a teenager I used to dream about the wonderful man I would meet and someday marry. The reality is even better than my dreams.
 I didn't dream as much about my kids. But I did picture myself have a boy and then a girl if I ever did have children. Amazing how God gives us the very desires of our heart.
My library!
I have ALWAYS loved books and wanted a library. I'm living my dream.
My beautiful yard!
I love flowers and use to wish that I had the time & money to have flower gardens and a beautiful lawn. I now live in a place that makes this a reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment