Sunday, June 19, 2011

My Dad

Happy Father's Day to my wonderful Dad!
I've always been a Daddy's girl. My dad is an amazing dad who tried to instill great work ethics, a love for God and a love for fun in his children. As little kids we (my siblings and I) would run outside to meet my dad's truck when he came in from work. We were so excited to see him that we couldn't wait for him to get inside.
He would be exhausted, but he'd still have enough time and energy to play games with us or read to us.
When I was very small my dad would wash my hair for me. It was very fine and tangled easy. My mom suggested cutting it very, very short to help with maintenance. But my dad offered to shampoo and condition my hair so that my mom wouldn't have to cut it.
I remember the mornings that my dad would take me (and later my brother and sister) to school or to meet the bus. He would joke and tell us stories. I could talk to him about everything (and poor guy - I often did just that). I never felt like he talked down to me or thought less of my thoughts because I was just a little kid.
Even now I can go to my dad for advice and know that I'll receive a prayerful, wise response.
My dad is awesome and I'm so thankful he's a part of my life.

I love you Daddy!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment