Saturday, August 6, 2011

Finish with a Smile

This heat has been a nightmare for my running. I felt the only time I could run was during Caitlin's nap. But every time I went out to run I was filled with dread. Because I knew that I was going to be dead and nauseous when I finished. It was nice to feel the accomplishment at the end, but that was about it.
So I convinced myself that sleep was not as important as exercise and I set my alarm for 5:30am this week. To get as much sleep as possible, I set everything out the night before. So I turned off the alarm, got dressed and headed out. The air was cool, there was a slight breeze and I was actually running on a road, instead of in circles in the back yard.
I also met several of my neighbors who commented on my running earlier than usual. Guess someone was paying attention after all. =)

At the end of the week as I finished my run I noticed something. This week is the first time that I've had a smile on my face while exercising AND finished with a smile. I don't believe I've ever had that happen before. So despite the fact that I'm falling asleep as I type, it is so worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment