Monday, November 7, 2011

Oops!

I was going through my pictures and found some more Charleston pictures. I can't believe that I forgot to blog about these.
After eight years of living near the beach I thought that I would miss it more. 
But I had missed my mountains so much that I have yet to miss the beach.
Every year (before we moved to NC) we would vacation in Florida.
And while I love the beach I think I can live with only seeing the beach once a year as long as I get to live in my mountains.
Jon and I thought that since we were so close to the beach that we should at least go by. As we were driving there we remembered the Morris Island lighthouse and decided to check it out.
It was a bit of a hike out to the beach and even then it wasn't close enough to get to.
I'm a mountain girl all the way, but I'll admit that there's nothing like the sound of the waves and the feel of the salty ocean spray.


The infamous painted houses. I guess I never saw the attraction. It's just a row of pastel houses, but apparently Charleston is known for them.

The leaves were just starting to turn when we came back through the mountains. It was a beautiful ride home.



 
My weird tunnel picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment