Saturday, December 31, 2011

Commitment

I have no clue who reads this blog except for the tiny number of people who are "following" me.
So hopefully this blog won't be stepping on toes. I am not mad at anyone. I'm just a bit stressed and need to vent. Here goes -

Several months ago I made a commitment to something. There were quite a few other people who made the same or similar commitments. 
We all agreed to take our part and do it to the best of our ability.
The thing that I'm struggling with is the complete and total lack of respect and care that some people exhibit. If you've promised to do something then step up and follow through with your commitment. 
Man up, put your big girl panties on - whatever it takes. If for some reason you can't perform your responsibility then find someone who can. Don't back out just because you've come up with a better plan and now don't want to be inconvenienced, thereby dropping the problem into my lap.

I guess you could call me a rule follower. Some people have the philosophy that if there is a rule then it's meant to be broken. What they forget to take into consideration is how they would feel if put into another persons shoes. People are so self centered that they can't look beyond their own inconveniences to see how their actions affect the ones around them. I know how it feels to be used and I don't like it. Therefore, unless I'm having a clueless moment, I will try very hard to think of you before making a decision that affects you. Please treat me with the same courtesy.

If the rule is that you must have your family signed up by a certain date then please don't come begging me on the day of the event for extra tickets. I'm sorry that your family member will no longer speak to anyone here if they don't get invited. They knew for weeks what was needed to get the tickets. I printed the tickets based on the people who signed up. It is not my fault that you didn't plan for the future.

That being said (and yes I do feel better for venting), I am so thankful for the people that, even though their homes and lives are a mess, have still stayed by my side to make this event a success. We had a construction project gone wrong, a death in the family, and sickness and they still came to help me. Since the people in charge of this event decided to do something that sounded like more fun, I'm thankful that I have friends who are willing to step up and keep me from stressing out.
Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment