Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Update on my mom

My mom was supposed to have surgery today. I woke up early this morning. Farmed my children out to gracious friends and drove up here.

My mom had a tracheotomy when she was in 8th grade because of a very bad car accident. She almost died in this accident. If a doctor hadn't been driving directly behind her car and preformed a trach right there on the road she wouldn't have lived. Apparently this seriously damaged her throat. So when they went in to do the tubes for the surgery they had problems. She ended up having an emergency tracheotomy and is now having a ct scan to make sure she didn't have a stroke because she didn't get oxygen for approx 3 min. So the surgery has been postponed till at least Thurs and she'll have the trach for at least two weeks. So please keep praying.

I'll keep the blog updated. Because I'm a little rattled and I'm getting tons of texts I'm afraid I'll forget to respond or not say something right. So I'll just update this so everyone can check on it.

2 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear that when I got the text, I know that was so unexpected. Bless her heart, and yours. Praying!

    ReplyDelete