Saturday, May 5, 2012

Chocolate Chip Oreo Cookies

My husband is going to be very sorry when summer gets here and I'm not baking something for Coffee Girls. Last Wednesday night saw me baking these really delicious cookies. When I read the ingredients I decided to double the recipe. Last dessert had Jon only getting one piece that I quickly saved before the dish was devoured (in fact, no photos to blog because it was gone that quick). So glad that I did. Now I'm eating them for breakfast. =)

It was very difficult not to eat this dough. But I try to never eat things with raw eggs in it. This was almost an exception.
 The finished product. I'm not admitting how many Jon and I ate while still warm. =)
The recipe was adapted from here and here.

Chocolate Chip Oreo Cookies

2 sticks of butter
3/4 cup of sugar
3/4 cup of brown sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
2 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
25 broken Oreo cookies
1 1/2 cups chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 345F. My oven is very temperamental so it might be closer to 350F for a normal oven.
Cream butter and sugars until well combined. Add egg and vanilla and mix well.
Place flour, baking soda and salt into a large bowl, stir to combine. Slowly add dry ingredients to wet ingredients then stir in Oreos and chocolate chips until just combined.
 Place tablespoons full onto a baking sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes or until cooked, but still soft. Let cool on baking sheet for 2-3 minutes before transferring to cooling rack.

No comments:

Post a Comment