Thursday, December 6, 2012

Accountable

My mom and I were talking today and a plan has formed. Once you've heard the plan you are welcome to join us. The more the merrier.

I don't feel good. I've gained quite a bit of weight since I had my two lovely children and I just don't have the energy and health that I did before they were born. My mom was mentioning some of the same issues. But the problem that both of us face is accountability. There isn't anything (other than our non-existent willpower) to stop us from eating junk or keep us on track with water and exercise. I do pretty well with the exercise by planning races. My issue is not getting enough sleep.

So my mom and I, starting today, will be keeping track of what we eat, what we drink, our exercise and our weight. Regular phone calls (which we do any way) will help us keep each other on track and mailing out our daily journals, to each other, will keep us accountable for what we do.

We will also be awarding ourselves with incentives along the way for habits formed, weight lost, etc.

I'm really excited about it. I exercise at least 3x a week with my running. But if I don't follow that up with a healthy lifestyle it really doesn't do anything.

Embedded image permalink

No comments:

Post a Comment