Thursday, March 21, 2013

Joy amidst the sorrow

I don't really know you. I've never met you. But inadvertently you've touched my life. So today I'm thankful. I'm thankful that you were such a good friend to my friend. I'm thankful (through my tears) that you touched my son's heart. I'm thankful and will be forever grateful that you introduced a book (through your friend) that is touching my life. But most of all I'm thankful that some day I'll get to meet you in heaven and say thank you to your face.

Thank you for living love to everyone you met. What you didn't realize was that you touched so many people who will never get to meet you here on earth. But someday I'll have my friend introduce me and I'll get to tell you about the prayers of a little boy. About how the Joy Dare is changing my life. About how much I would have loved to visit your garden. And about how much your leaving tore at our hearts.

You will be missed. But there is joy because of the hope in Jesus!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for this. I read it last night but I was too emotionally worn out to write a response. However, it really helped my heart a lot last night. And it helps it today. And it will help it tomorrow...and forever. Thank you for writing this.

    ReplyDelete