Sunday, June 2, 2013

Confession Time

I have a confession to make. I lied at a church function. And to make matters even worse - I told my daughter to lie too. I'm still not sure which is worse - the daughter part or the church part.
This week was our annual camp meeting adventure and they have once again changed the age that parents are allowed to leave their children unattended. I remember my mom leaving my brother in diapers. And now the age is 5 yrs old. Caitlin is quite use to being left alone for several hours and is fine with it. She is also in the Kindergarten program at church and would not be interested in the Preschooler program they have here for her age. She didn't want to go to the meetings last year and wanted to join the Kindergarteners. So I KNEW she would be bored this year.
So I told Caitlin that for one week she would be five. She would go back to being four when we got home. I explained why and told her that I don't normally condone lying. Pretty sure that she's going to be confused about the mixed message, but I've waited for 6 years to attend an adult meeting and I'm too afraid they'll change the age again next year. So I bit my tongue and went for it.
So now that I've made my confession - I'm having the time of my life. 
Jon and I are almost giddy with our freedom.  =)

No comments:

Post a Comment