Sunday, October 27, 2013

Pictures

I haven't been blogging very much lately. My life has been so busy that I just haven't had the time for photography and writing. And I'm hoping that can change very soon. If there is one thing I've learned from the craziness that has been my life for the past couple of months it is this - I only have time for a few things. And if I don't pick what is important, the unimportant will creep in and push everything else out.

So this next month I hope to make time for what means the most to me. I'll have to learn to say no a little bit better. I'll have to force myself to check the calendar first before jumping head long into something. But I want to get well and be a lot less stressed. 

This last week at the MOPS meeting we had a speaker talk about photography. While I learned a lot about camera settings and such, I also learned some other important things.

1. Photography isn't always about the perfect pose.
2. Don't let photography goals ruin a fun family moment.
3. Sometimes the unexpected photos and situations make the best picture.

So today when we headed to our photo shoot I squished my type A into a back corner and tried my best to ignore the dirty fingers that had come from climbing trees
The too small shirt that had fit only last week when we tried it on
 
And let my kids enjoy the beautiful weather and cute little park in the middle of the city.
We'll have some beautiful pictures, mostly because we had a great photographer, but also because I was more relaxed and able to enjoy the beauty around me instead of stressing about imperfect moments. 

I'm enjoying my family today. They will only be this small for a moment and I want these little moments to last as long as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment