Thursday, July 23, 2015

Tenant Story #3

I received a phone call from one of my tenants today. After we discussed several things he told me he wanted to make me aware of a situation with his next door neighbor. This particular townhouse is set up like a duplex. He was referring to the tenant he shares a wall with. 

Tenant - "I thought you should know about something that happened to me yesterday so you could be aware of the situation."

Me - "Okay, what is going on?"

Tenant - "I went next door to collect my money (the tenants share lawn care costs) and a different person than Mr. * answered the door. (Pause) It was a heeshee."

Me - "Uhm?! What is a heeshee?"

Tenant - "Well, you know. One of those people that you can't tell if it's a he or a she."

I laughed. 
Me - "Okay, and why do I need to know about this?"

Tenant - "Well, I have kids and . . . you know."

Me - Uhm, no I don't know, Mr. *. As long as my tenants stay within the lease and pay me, I don't care who lives there. They can be/look however they like."

Tenant - "Oh, well then. Okay. I just thought you should know."

No comments:

Post a Comment