Monday, May 17, 2010

Rain

I'm sitting here listening to the rain. I love rain. I know it has it's negative sides. But I love the sound, the smell and the peacefulness of it. I'd left the windows open today even though it was raining outside. It has gotten pretty humid inside and I had to turn on the air so the kids wouldn't swelter during their quiet time. But I can still hear the rain and the wind chimes and it's relaxing. It's on days like this that I feel very lazy and relaxed. Although I'm not a normally energetic person the rain seems to slow me down a bit more. And yet at the same time I get more accomplished because I'm not running around stressed and forgetful.
The rain is also good for my poor wilted little garden. The flowers were looking rather sad. The only thing that seemed to be doing okay was the one tomato plant. But I don't think he's minding a little water.

No comments:

Post a Comment