Thursday, October 28, 2010

Making Your Home a Haven - Part 4

This week's Challenge is: Keep your candle going, the music playing, and add some tender moments with your family. Have a pillow party in the family room and get out every blanket and pillow in the house and be cozy with the kids or your hubby! Even if you live alone you can do this. Enjoy a cozy evening of hot cider and caramel corn. Give a 5 minute back rub to every single person in your house...and for a double challenge- try to give one every day to each family member! During your tender moment with the family, ask them how they feel about this challenge. Are they enjoying it? Is it helpful? Is there anything they would change. Give your family listening ears. 


Every morning when the kids wake up we cuddle on the couch. It's my time to snuggle while they are still too sleepy to be on the move. During the day I can sneak in hugs and kisses, but they usually result in wrestling matches. So I love this time with them when they sit quietly with me and talk about their dreams the night before. Dominic has wild dreams (like his Daddy and Grammy). Caitlin might also, but I can't understand most of what she's saying. =)
I'm working on listening better to what my children are saying. I'm really bad about tuning them out after 10 minutes of the same story I heard earlier. But like I said, I'm working on it.

I laughed about the back rubs. I would LOVE to have a back rub. But everyone else in my house is ticklish. Who in the world is too ticklish to have their back rubbed? Turns out my whole family. Since they don't enjoy it, it never occurred to them to give me one. =) But hugs and tickles will work just fine to let them know they are loved.

Right after waking up this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment