Monday, October 11, 2010

Making Your Home A Haven - Week 2

Week 2 - Making Your Home a Haven

This week's challenge is two-fold also: Play soft music everyday in your home. Choose worship, classical or another form of peaceful music that the family enjoys. Focus on using peaceful words and maintaining peaceful relationships. Remind your family to avoid seething anger, tattling, criticism or back talk. Role model gentleness this week. 

I think that this could be a difficult challenge. It's seems much easier to get frustrated than to take a few minutes to calmly look at the situation. Dominic really struggles with this. He lets out these awful yells and growls when he's frustrated. =) I want my home to be peaceful and welcoming whenever people enter so I'm glad that Courtney chose this challenge.

Proverbs 15:1 says "A gentle answer turns away wrath but a harsh word stirs up anger."

I will also be keeping my candle burning. It smells really good and the kids really like it. Dominic thinks it's a thankfulness candle and so he's always telling me what he's thankful for when he walks by it.

No comments:

Post a Comment