Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Christine's in surgery

This is Rob for Christine: They just took her back to the OR about 9:35 am (eastern). They said it takes about 45 minutes to an hour to actually start the procedure so it should begin about 10:15-10:30. It is later than anticipated but they had some reason about the room wasn’t quite ready. We were able to have prayer with one of the attending physicians. He seemed very nice and appreciative. Everyone here has been so nice. We are very thankful for God’s grace as has been manifested through so many here.

Please pray that the operation will proceed without complications. Pray that they will be able to remove all the tumor which would be a miracle. Apparently it is almost impossible to get every glioma cell. They are scattered like sand around the area. But with God all things are possible. Pray Christine will have no paralysis. Apparently they have said it is a good probability that she will have temporary paralysis because the tumor involves the supplemental motor cortex. We would have to stay here until the paralysis subsides. Also her speech could be involved. Pray for her recovery. Some patients have gone home 2 days after surgery. Most are from 5-7 days.

Shell read Ps 139 this morning. Verse 13 says, “For thou hast possessed my reins: thou hast covered me in my mother's womb.” Pray for the baby to be covered (shielded) from adverse affects of the medications and procedure.

Here are some promises to claim for her:

Ps 3:5 “I laid me down and slept; I awaked; for the LORD sustained me. “

Ps 139:17-18 “How precious also are thy thoughts unto me, O God! how great is the sum of them! [If] I should count them, they are more in number than the sand: when I awake, I am still with thee.

Ps 91:15-16 “He shall call upon me, and I will answer him: I [will be] with him in trouble; I will deliver him, and honour him. With long life will I satisfy him, and show him my salvation.”

Than you for your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment