Thursday, June 30, 2011

I started again

I read this really great book for book club. When I have time I'll write a review. It really surprised me that I enjoyed it so much. It was called Born To Run and talks mostly about a tribe of Indian runners and ultra races. Quite a few of my family members run and I ran with my dad when I was small. I actually competed in a few little races. But I'm predominately lazy and didn't keep up with it. After reading this book and looking at the scales I was inspired to start running again. I need new shoes, but if I wait until shoes are purchased, renovations are complete, vacations are over, life is easy - it won't ever happen. So today I put on my old walking shoes and took off running around the edges of the back yard. Caitlin was sleeping and I wanted to be where she could find me. So I ran inside the edges of the fence. This means I have no clue how far I ran, but I know that I ran for over 30 minutes with only a couple of water breaks.
I feel really great. I might have a few blisters because my shoes were a tad loose. And I'm sure I'll feel my muscles complaining tomorrow. But I'm excited. I made it for 30 minutes in the sun and heat. I honestly thought I'd quit after about 10-15 minutes. I definitely thought I'd walk most of the time. 
Yeah me! I ran!!!

Then I promptly came inside and finished off a jumbo bag of peanut M&Ms.
What?! I was starving!

1 comment:

  1. I love your writing style if someone didn't know you personally you give them a great idea of how you talk. After today, I can hear you saying the last line in my head.
    Thanks for sharing... a lot.

    ReplyDelete