Friday, September 2, 2011

Happy Anniversary!

Yesterday was our fifteen year anniversary. I know I'm a day late, but I had to write at least a little about our anniversary.
It doesn't seem like it's been that long and yet looking back to our wedding day seems so long ago. We were just kids. They've been the best years of my life and I've spent them with my very best friend.

Since this is a pretty big anniversary we are taking a trip to Charleston later. But we didn't want to let the day pass without doing at least something. So we got a babysitter and headed to this little Italian restaurant that Jon had heard about at work. It was about a 30 minute drive and this gave us time to talk.

When we had been married for five years we decided to set some 10 year goals that we hoped to accomplish by our 15th anniversary. We went over the list and realized that we'd accomplished them all. Some of them included being completely debt free and Jon getting his pilot license. 
We each chose 3 more goals to accomplish in the next 10 years. They might not happen, but it gives us things to work towards and also helps us realize what we each want for the future.

I'm so very thankful for the man that God chose for me and I pray that we will continue to grow closer to each other and our heavenly Father.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations! I know that you two are special people and may God continue bless you, Dominic, and Caitlin.

    ReplyDelete