Monday, October 3, 2011

Just Call Me Crazy*

I'm not sure if it's pure stupidity or pure dedication. But I went running this morning with a head cold (or really bad allergies) and the temperature when I left was 37 degrees. I didn't think to wear gloves and my hands were numb after the first mile.

A bit of background for this week - I started a couch to 5K in 8 weeks program back in July. I had surgery and that stopped my training for about a month. Then I sprained my ankle (not related to running) and had to stop for another month. The last morning that I ran before the ankle issue was the 1st day of week 6. It was raining very hard for most of the run and I felt like I was dying. It was so hard to breath. It was definitely the hardest week I'd ever done. So when my ankle healed I started back on week 5 again to make sure I wasn't killing myself the first week out. Today was the first day trying week 6 again. And despite the stuffy head and freezing cold I did really well and feel great. So I'm excited. Race day is coming and I'm so ready for it. 

*A song reference for those who didn't notice. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment